Sunday, March 20, 2011

Modern Day Drifter

  So last night I decided to have an adventure. It was saturday and I had the night off which I assure you is very rare. Deciding to jump on this opportunity I thought that I would go to check out the Moon Circle happenings at Dandelion Communitea Cafe and try to open myself up to new people and experiences there. After noshing on some delicious chili and one quite delicious beverage, (thank you Orlando Brewing  Co.) I ambled outside to the circle. As I gazed at it the most curious sensation came over me. I felt as an outsider looking in, like I was watching what was before me as if they were actors in a movie and I was just the audience. So I did what I do best, I drifted.
  The Colonial Mills area of Orlando is one of the most interesting places to wander. You can see people in Vietnamese restaurants creating bonds over different dishes. People shopping for foods in various markets that carry delicacies not found in other places. There are so many things to see and observe. I found myself making my way up the block from Dandy to my favorite Vegan Bakery Raphsodic. It was one of those rare times you happen upon something wonderful.
  All I really wanted was a cupcake and maybe some pleasant conversation. I stumbled upon one of my favorite things, after cuppycakes, live music. There were two wonderful gentlemen from Gainesville playing everything from the blues, to hymns and even some bluegrass. It was music that you was tangible in the way it filled the room and your body. It was beautiful, real, and honest. It also drew people in that were a reflection of the music in that aspect.
  In addition to listening to that wonderful euphonious marriage of sound and soul, the people I met that evening really made the experience outstanding. They were not afraid to tell someone their story that was a stranger. Although we parted ways still not knowing each others names, it felt as if I had been talking to long lost friends that were imparting the wisdom of their experiences to me.
  As I crossed the intersection and headed back to my car I gazed at the moon that was the original purpose of my outing that evening. While I gazed at it's beauty I realized I had an adventure that had showed me more than most of my previous escapades. That is something that I will treasure forever. So to all of you that find yourself with the feelings I mentioned at the beginning of this post, just remember to explore and wander. Sometimes the most wonderful moments in life are stumbled upon. - L

No comments:

Post a Comment