Monday, March 14, 2011

lets get it started

   So this morning, as I rolled out of bed cursing the U.S. Government for its meddling with my clock, I had no drive to work out. The only drive I had was to hurl my alarm clock across the room so it would shut up. If you haven't guessed I am so a morning person. However I know that if I do not try to do some sort of physical activity before Noon, I know it will never happen. So I looked at my goal sheet, my rewards sheet and decided that today I would do a strength routine for upper body.
  As I did reps of tricep extensions, bicep curls and all other means of movement to give me a goddess like feeling of strength in this region, I started to think about why I pushed myself today. Sure I have kick butt goals and a super awesome rewards system that usually isn't enough for me to say "Whoo HOO Exercise!"
  The closest thing I can come up with is a quote by J.F. K.

" There are risks and costs to action . But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction"

I am tired of not acting upon what I want and the changes I want. I have to take that action to make that change. That accountability, and the awesome playlists I make, motivate me, -L

No comments:

Post a Comment