Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From those in Rehab

There are two writers of this blog, Lauren and myself, Nikki. We are both vegans and both enjoy discovering new recipes, new places to eat out, and new products that help us live a better vegan lifestyle. We have many reasons for being vegans that include animal well-being and respect, environmental, economical, political, and most important to me: health reasons.

Follow Lauren's appetite chain, for all things comforting and sweet and me for anything a little more on the light side. We will also both be experimenting in different recipes. A good half of the recipes I use are for my fiancee and his own taste buds. These recipes will not be on the light side. As far as eating out goes, we will always go together.

However, we are fairly new vegans. I've been a vegetarian for two years and a vegan on and off for about 5 months. Hopefully, this can be helpful to others just starting out as we chart our progress and the adventures that take place throughout this rehab.

Oh, and a little bit about me, other what's already been stated, I'm aiming towards having a tattoo apprenticeship and working on getting my art displayed in some of the local places in Orlando. I love animals, obviously, especially cats, and you'll probably be seeing a lot of pictures of me with my Vinny-cat at least lingering about in the background.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. ~Harvey Diamond

Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends. ~George Bernard Shaw

Nothing more strongly arouses our disgust than cannibalism, yet we make the same impression on Buddhists and vegetarians, for we feed on babies, though not our own. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Tongue - a variety of meat, rarely served because it clearly crosses the line between a cut of beef and a piece of a dead cow. ~Bob Ekstrom


No comments:

Post a Comment