Thursday, February 10, 2011

Epic Vegan Adventure

Twinkle Lights and Awesome-ness in Stardust

  So today was an amazing adventure for us in Rehab. We started the day off at Stardust Video and Coffee which is one of the quirkiest places in the Orlando area. Not only was I mystified and in awe of the world I was taken to as I stepped in the door; I was also blown away by the delicious vegan goodies. While observing the beautiful space, there was a whimsical charm increased by a tree and twinkle lights, I also noted the intoxicating smell of fresh baked goods. My feet carried me to the counter where they had offering for all, but I decided on the Haiku Mint Green Tea and a Vegan Blueberry Muffin. My cohort decided to try an amazing vegan strawberry scone and had a cup of Oolong Tea. Regrettably to say that these delicious treats were gobbled up so quickly that only the wrapper was left. Photographic evidence of such will be provided.

   Next on the agenda was a trip to the super rad Park Avenue CD's which is soon to become my new favorite hangout. This basically means I wan't to move into the structure permanently. It surrounded me with the sounds of some of my favorite bands and other's that I had not heard of before. Definitely a place worth checking out in the Audubon Park area.

   Next on the days agenda was heading to a little shop in the Milk district called Etoile Boutique to check out what was new and talk some art. This little gem is super brilliant showcasing vintage, local and handmade items. Also being sold there are some super cool vegan lip balms and great handmade jewelry. There are usually two little furry friends to greet you if you go on a day that the owner is in. So head on down and you will not be disappointed.

 One of the highlights for me is checking out new places that I've never been to before. The first two establishments visited today had been around for a while, but I had never visited them before. The most anticipated stop for today was the newly opened Sandwich Bar. This place blew my taste buds away. They have two sides of the menu, one for those who are omnivores and the other for vegetarians. There is also a section on the bottom marked specifically with vegan options. For starters we ordered the vegan Bruschetta which was the best one I had had to date. Then following that delicious dish I had the healthy butt sandwich which consisted of multigrain bread, in house peanut butter, strawberries, bananas and sweet agave. Sooo Gooodddd. Ah.
  After many other stops today we ended up at the one and only Dandelion Communittea Cafe. We stopped in for some Kombucha  and a sweet or two. Okay it was two delicious sweets of the vegan variety: a raspberry cuppy with chocolate ganache and a PB&J Blondie. So that ended our epic vegan adventure for the day but I assure you there will be more fun times in this rehabber's future. - L

No comments:

Post a Comment